PUBLIC CLASSES: are scheduled each month and are open to anyone interested. ( see calendar )
PRIVATE CLASSES: For those visiting San Miguel for a short period and wanting to take a specific class or learn some Mexican recipes, classes can be arranged based on your personal schedule and availability. (see class list)
VIRTUAL CLASSES: I provide virtual classes for individuals or groups who do not live nearby and would like to take cooking classes from my kitchen to yours.
FOOD CLUBS: I host regular monthly 'food clubs' for groups of friends or family who want to learn to cook specific recipes, practice techniques and enhance their cooking skills as a social gathering. Food clubs take place in my kitchen, yours or online! I can travel, too!
HIRED COOKS: I provide specialized courses for hired cooks in your home or in my kitchen demonstrating healthy, clean eating, where to source good ingredients and basic, important nutritional practices.
THERAPEUTIC EATING: I offer classes on eating to reduce inflammation, eating for cancer prevention and on elimination diets.
Private Consultations & Specific Diet Plans
I work one-on-one with people who are in need of realistic changes to their diets. Through private consultations, along with the medical recommendations of your health care provider, I can help create delicious diet plans based on your specific nutritional needs. I create personalized cookbooks with recipes, tips, menu plans and shopping lists as well as help with sourcing high quality food & brands.
Personal Chef Services
Some people are in need of extra care to get through an illness or lifestyle change, I offer private chef preparations of daily meals in your home for short term needs, upon availability. As a private therapeutic chef, I offer nutritional support through cancer and chemotherapy treatments, changes to Ketogenic, sugar-free, anti-inflammation and detox diets. I am available to travel, as well.
Creative hor d'ouerves for cocktail parties up to 25 people, specialized desserts for specific diets and food services for retreats, upon availability.
- Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
- Shrimp Toasts
- Crustless Huitlacoche Quiches
- Spinach (Greens) / Artichoke Parmesan dip with Buena Vida Toastettes
- Roasted Eggplant Dip with Tahini, Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts
- Local Ham & Cheese Croquetas
- Garlic, Parmesan & Ricotta on Sourdough Toast Points
- Smoked Fish (trout or other) Flautas
- Minted Lamb & Rice Stuffed Grape Leaves
- Falafel Ball Bites with Tahini Dip & Pickled Red Onions
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates with Roasted Almonds & Local Goat Cheese
- Spanakopita Bites & Triangles
- Kim Chee Shrimp & Cucumber
- Greek Salad Skewers
- Gravlax & Caperberry Skewers
- Mole'd Roasted Carrots with Panela Cubes & Epazote
- Grassfed Beef Tenderloin in Lettuce Cups - with a variety of sauces to choose from -
- Gravlax, Chive'd Cream Cheese Rolls
- Gravlax Rillettes on Rye Toasts
- Country Pate Toasts
- 200 g of Sea Beans ( a salty, succulent sea grass which is fun to snack on)
- Tapenade on Cranberry Crackers (when available)
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE FOR CLASSES IN MY KITCHEN OR ONLINE
KITCHEN ITEMS / COSAS DE COCINA
I had a completely transformative experience eating Alicia Wilson Rivero's cooking for the past two years. She taught me that the intention and presence that food is made with is much more important than the recipe (Alicia never used or wrote down recipes). And the experience she created with her cooking (which was a work of art) gave me and my guests and coworkers a deeper appreciation of being alive as a human being. When we started working together, food was just a way to satisfy cravings and put gas in the proverbial fuel tank. Now at least three times a day, it is a way for me to feel supremely grateful to be alive.
Luke Nosek, Co-Founder of PayPal
What you put in your body is the most important contributor to your health or to your disease. The good news is that it’s entirely your choice. The bad is that most people don't even know where to begin. Alicia fills that niche impeccably. I'm so excited to know her and be a part of her work.
Dr. Andrew Brandeis, Naturopathic Doctor at Care Practice, CEO of SharePractice, San Francisco
I am so thankful for the opportunity to take these classes. You are truly gifted and it's great to learn from someone like you.
Herman Castaneda, Cooking for Life Class, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico